Friday, July 29, 2011

Pictures of a Floating World

I am proud to say that most of my friends are musically inclined and it always excites me when they have new music to share. ALWAYS. I've always connected to local music but there's something even more exciting about your very own friends making music. I don't know what it is but it never fails. Don't get me wrong, I don't just support my friends' music blindly without giving it a listen. I just happen to have very talented friends who actually make GOOD music. And that's probably why I get so excited.


On that note, I am excited to say that my very good friends in the band Silver Snakes have posted a new song titled "Lungs and Lanterns" from their debut album Pictures of a Floating World. You can listen to it now by visiting their band page on Facebook! Check it out!

Some of our other friends are also involved in this process as well. Silver Snakes recently inked a deal with a new record label called Siren Records which was started by our friend Donny Phillips. During the day, Donny is the art director over at Warner Bros. Records so naturally Donny also did all the artwork for the Silver Snakes record. Donny also used to be in a band called The Warriors and also did the artwork for our band Dear Life's album Framework. Donny also designed our Road To Hell t-shirt. The Silver Snakes album was recorded by Roger Camero who is in the band No Motiv who also happens to be signed to Siren Records now. Roger also recorded The Warriors and Dear Life. Steve Choi of RX Bandits produced the Silver Snakes record. You may have seen him wear an L&O tee or two at some point. Steve also lent his talents for guest instrumentals on The Warriors' and Dear Life's records. Lastly, our screen printing company Glad Rags Ink now prints Silver Snakes shirts. See what I did there? Friends helping friends helping friends helping friends. Talented, resourceful friends.


Pictures of a Floating World drops AUGUST 30TH so keep an eye out for that on Siren Records! Silver Snakes will be your new favorite rock band by the end of the year. Guaranteed.

- Vince