Monday, July 11, 2011

Mobile Monday - Art In The Streets

A few weeks ago, my friend Raquel and I ventured to LA because we had been dying to check out the "Art In The Streets" art gallery at the Geffen Contemporary. Before I say anything else, make sure you allow yourself enough time to become fully immersed in all the artwork. We made the mistake of arriving a little bit late and we found ourselves rushing through the last pieces of art due to the closing time. The gallery includes art from notables like Banksy, Shepard Fairey, Keith Haring, Haze, KAWS, Mr. Cartoon, Estevan Oriol, and many many others. For more information, go HERE. Thanks to Banksy, it's actually FREE admission on every Monday. Happy Monday!

I must say, it has been a long time since I had been truly inspired again. Fun fact about our brand, everything started because of graffiti. None of us are actually graffiti artists but it was street art that influenced me in 2007 so much that I knew I had to talk to Brian about it. I knew he wanted to start his own streetwear project and at the time he had no one to join in with him. One night my brother and I were bored and we were browsing the internet and started looking at collections of graffiti artwork from around the world. The wheels in our heads started to turn and soon we were thinking, "What if we could combine our passion for printing t-shirts and the DIY punk hardcore scene with Brian's love of all things streetwear?" and just like that L&O was born.

After visiting the "Art In The Streets" exhibit, I definitely feel creatively rejuvenated and sometimes you really need that to jump-start that imagination again. Hopefully it shows in our next few collections.

Since it is Mobile Monday, enjoy all these photos from iPhone. I will let the images speak for themselves.






























































We ended up also visiting MOCA that day. It was my first time seeing this Jackson Pollock. Amazing.


- Vince