Tuesday, June 28, 2011

We Are The Music Makers

After being in a touring band for so many years, most of the people that I have stayed close with also happen to be musicians. Fortunately, a few of these people have continued doing what they love and are still making music for the rest of us to enjoy. Aside from the bigger bands that we work with, my closer personal friends have been keeping busy and staying creative as well. I'd like to introduce you to some good friends of mine.. locals only.


SILVER SNAKES - I'm incredibly proud of these guys. FINALLY! I've been telling Alex and Mike to make this thing a reality and for the past few months they've made it a commitment. Lo and behold, these guys now have a debut full-length record coming your way this summer called Pictures of a Floating World. Not sure how much more in detail I can release at this point, but it was recorded, produced, and will be released by good friends of ours as well. It's amazing when you are able to work with talented, like-minded individuals who also happen to be good friends of yours. Alex also records bands himself in LA so if you need to track some songs, check out his studio The Earth Capital. Bring vegan burritos.

They just posted a preview track from the album today, make sure you head over to their Facebook page to check it out. 'Like' them for upcoming tour dates and release details! I guarantee, this will be your new favorite rock band.


LESSONS - If you like your music fast and melodic, you'll probably like these guys and girl. Featuring another set of our friends who used to be in bands that we played shows with, this is a band that refuses to let go of the sounds that made us who we are today. For most of us, punk started it all and for these guys in this band, it just never left. I love watching these guys jam because they always look like they're having the best time ever. I've even jammed with them on a couple occasions and it always reminds me of the times when I first picked up the guitar and wanted to play as fast and loud as possible with my friends. Forever young.

To check out some demo songs, visit their Soundcloud page. Actually, they will be playing a show called Battle for Warped Tour tomorrow in Fullerton at the Continental Room. Come help us cheer them on!


KID FINISH - These guys have been in a band together longer than probably anyone I know in the local music scene. Russ has always been a machine when it comes to music, whether it's writing, recording, or producing. Fun facts - Russ and Bert actually won our annual beer pong tournament last year and now Russ and I are proud season ticket holders for the Los Angeles Kings.

They have a new record that is out now on iTunes called What You Break We Rebuild. You can also check out some of the songs on the record on their Soundcloud page.


ROYAL PIRATES - James Lee. All I can say is I TOLD YOU SO. I've been telling James to become a Korean pop star for YEARS now and look what he did. Finally listened to ol' Vince's advise and went and became a K-POP star. Now I'm not sure if he really is a K-POP star yet since I'm obviously not familiar with that scene at all, but it looks like his new band is doing pretty well for themselves both domestically in the USA and overseas. I always believed that James had the voice, the look, and the overall package to make it big and I'm glad he's putting it all to use. It always makes me happy to see my friends doing what they love, especially when it becomes a living for some of them. Good luck out there, buddy! Keep seizing those days!

They have a show coming up next week on Thursday July 7th at The Mint in Los Angeles. Make sure to come check it out before they leave overseas again!

And those are my friends. Hope you enjoy their music as much as we do! Support the independents. Support D.I.Y. Support the locals. Support the true and passionate lovers of music.

".. and we are the dreamers of dreams."

- Vince