Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Small Victories


Something as simple as putting up signage may seem like a minor detail to any business but for us it's a small victory that represents progress for a growing company.


As some of you may know, we just recently completed our first year at this current office location. Both companies started from scratch at different times but both are now officially two years old as legitimately registered businesses. For those of you just joining the program, when I say "both" I am referring to Loud& Obnoxious, our clothing brand, and Glad Rags Ink, our screen printing services company.


When I was younger, I never thought I would ever be this interested in business. I always saw myself doing something with engineering finding ways to make the world more fuel efficient. Somewhere down the line, my priorities changed and I found myself less interested in having a boss but rather being my own. Even as a kid, I would always see these little shops and businesses all around town and in City of Industry and wonder to myself how these people manage to stay in business. Fast forward a decade and now my friends and I are one of those businesses.

Over these last few years of building our start-up business from nothing, we've learned to appreciate how truly lucky and fortunate we are to be able to do what we do. Sure, it's a ton of hard work and stress. More than any "9-to-5" engineering job I would have had. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. We've found purpose in our lives and by doing it all on our own, we're giving ourselves the tools to build the framework for future entrepreneurial endeavors. The harder we work, the more we gain. Everything we do directly effects our outcome. Everything matters.


Yeah, it's just a sign. But to us, it's a sign of things to come. Bigger things.

"If you want something, go get it. Period."

- Vince