Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Filbert

First off, apologies for the lack of updates. The Glad Rags Ink office has been picking up again and we've been busy preparing our attacks on Spring 10, Summer 10, and Fall/Winter 10. Basically trying to plan out the whole year and beyond, complete with meetings, scheduling, planning, budgeting, proposals, and carefully calculated risk-taking. Never would I have ever imagined we'd be at this point, planning for our future so far ahead and given the opportunity to break through into an industry I knew nothing about less than 3 years ago. Wait, we still don't know much about this industry. I guess we'll just wing it.

Amongst all the hoopla and the fast-paced adrenaline rush of running your own businesses, it's nice to come home to a peaceful friend. His name is Filbert.


Some of you may remember him from previous blog posts, or when I TwitPic him on Twitter. The first thing that people usually notice when they first meet him is his majestic size. The Maine Coon is one of the largest breeds of cats and can weigh between 16-20 lbs. Just for scale, I took a picture of him with my lady Jaimee. He's huge!


The next thing everyone notices is his kindness. He really is a gentle giant and just wants to be your friend. I've NEVER been a fan of cats, but he is the exception. I swear, he's a dog stuck in a cat suit. Also, he's soft-spoken and loves to cuddle. When I come home from all the turmoil of the outside world, he always reminds me to slow down, relax, and enjoy the time I get to myself.




Filbert is also known for his ability to sleep ALL DAY LONG.




And when he sleeps, he's OUT.






Jaimee even made me a painting dedicated to his sleepy ways.




I'm very proud to say that our family rescued him from the streets and neglectful owners and I encourage everyone out there to adopt as well. If you are looking to add some lovin' to your family, there are plenty of cats, dogs, and other animals that need homes! We may have saved Filbert but, as cliche as this sounds, I think he may have saved our family too.

- Vince