Tuesday, July 7, 2009

San Diego Fair

This past holiday weekend, I spent the first half raging with all the friends and family. For the second half, Jaimee and I decided to take it a little easier and spend Sunday down at the Del Mar Fairgrounds for the last day of this year's San Diego County Fair.

We met up with Jaimee's cousin and also met their awesome dog. His name is JJ and he's very shy. He was so afraid of my camera that every time I tried to take a photo of him, he'd run away and the shot would be blurry. Luckily this shot came out nice enough to actually have some photographic merit. Look at him quiver!


On our way to the fair, I noticed some of Shepard Fairey's handiwork on a passing double decker bus. Giant, indeed.


Finally made it to the fair!




And then it was time for the food! Started off with some Australian battered potatoes.


Then a falafel burger!


The most delicious vegetarian burger I've ever had, hands down.


Philly cheesesteak. Not sure why I took a photo with such a crappy angle. It looked and tasted a lot better than this shitty shot.


Garlic battered mushrooms!


Drum art. I think Matt, Art, and every other drummer I know is thinking about the wasted brass.


Groovy, man.


And now the animals. I really thought this guy was going to spit on my camera.


Chocolate milk?!


I also found Filbert's evil twin. Seriously. He looks exactly like Filbert, but pissed. You remember Filbert, right? See?!


This was Jaimee's favorite.


Spotlights and adoring fans at such a young age.


Be vewy, vewy quiet.


Found some space rocks, too.


Kryptonite!


By mid-day, the place was completely packed. At this point, the food comas began taking over so we decided to call it a day.


Jaimee and I each went home with a bonsai tree to decorate our respective office spaces. I need to learn how to trim this sucker. Or I could just let it grow out like my ridiculous hair.



- Vince

p.s. Are you paying attention to Brian's Twitter? I hope so because he's telling secrets. If you missed it, you may want to check our official Twitter.