Monday, July 20, 2009

Forget Swine Flu

Because it's Monday, and you know what we got.


I wanted to do this a while ago, and I'm not sure why I didn't start. I probably just forgot, but here goes. Since we always talk about how each of our t-shirts has a deeper meaning than you might perceive, I wanted to do a little write-up on each piece from each line. Better late than never, I guess.


The Sink or Swim t-shirt.


The reason why this one is important is not only because of the image itself, but because of the process that it took to create it. As you know, up until now each one of our t-shirts that we've ever released (except for Spring 08 - fun fact!) has been printed by hand. This shirt is no exception. This was the first full-color shirt design that we've ever printed using the 4-Color CMYK Process and I think Matt did a pretty stellar job doing it by hand. Even the message on the t-shirt was fitting for the new process to print it. Sometimes that's how it feels whenever we are faced with a difficult decision with our businesses. It's either all or nothing. SINK OR SWIM. And what better way to show our dedication to our beliefs - using ink, both on t-shirts and skin.

And thanks to Tyler's friend Tom from Australia for letting us use his awesome tattoo and fists for this t-shirt!

- Vince