Friday, June 19, 2009

Stay Gold. And Purple.

I know some of you might be getting sick of it, so today will be our final day to honor and celebrate our beloved Los Angeles Lakers' championship victory. Before I get to that though, check out what our friend Juan got us earlier this week.


Apparently, A.C. Green was at a local Dick's Sporting Goods store signing autographs. Juan happened to randomly walk in and ended up getting some copies for all of us, including one made out to LOUD& OBNOXIOUS! Thanks Juan!


Anyway, Wednesday was the Laker parade and celebration rally at the Staples Center and Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Most of us had never been to one of these before so we decided to test our luck, get up early, and try to get some good seats at the Coliseum. Little did we know that 100,000 other Laker fans were thinking the same exact thing.










I've never actually been a part of a group of people this large before in my life, so this was definitely quite the experience for me. My favorite part was when Kobe was telling everyone about the chant that they did all season long, "1, 2, 3, RING!" He eventually got the crowd to do it. Watch the video and go to the 1:40 mark. Chills up and down my spine.


I tried to make a panoramic out of some of the photos I took to give you an idea of the magnitude of this event. It's my first time, so don't laugh. Click on the image to see the full size.


What a great day! I'll remember this one forever.


- Vince