Thursday, May 21, 2009

For The Record

I miss touring. Being in a band in a van is definitely an experience like none other. I wish there was a way to bottle up that feeling into a tiny convenient pill that you could buy over the counter. It would be called Tourlenol. Eh, I tried.


I never really understood how fortunate we were to get to tour until this year because it's been literally almost a full year since we last went out. People always told me that we were so lucky to get to do what we do. I always replied talking about how much work it was to tour and all this naive mumbo-jumbo, when they were all totally right. I mean, what better way to spend your days on a constant road trip with your best friends doing something you genuinely enjoy. New cities and new people to meet every night. Sleeping on living room floors and eating shitty fast food day and night. You can't buy those kind of memories.


We don't tour as much as we used to, but obviously if you've been reading this blog, you know that my brother and I just have much larger priorities at this time. I still really enjoy playing shows and trying to write aggressive music because it's just another one of my creative outlets. Luckily, this Summer, we (Dear Life) will get the chance to hit the road again thanks to a band called Earth From Above. These guys were kind enough to invite us on their west coast tour in June and kudos to them for all the hard work they've done. Not a lot of bands still book their own tours so it's awesome to see that the D.I.Y. mentality is still alive.


Check our page for upcoming dates, and if you are in the area make sure to come hang out! Just look for Danny Tanner. He's the brown van we call home for a few weeks out of the year.


He's due for a wash.


I'm definitely very thankful to have the life that I've worked hard to have because not very many people get to live every single day of their lives thoroughly enjoying the fact they're alive. This Summer is probably going to be literally the most stressful and awesome time of my life, and I couldn't be more excited and terrified. With all the money that needs to be saved and all the work that needs to be done to move Glad Rags Ink and L&O into a new, bigger warehouse in August, we really should NOT have gone on this tour.

Fuck it. Carpe diem. Seize the day. I got that tattooed for a reason.

- Vince