Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hang In There, Jack!

FREE MEDIUM CURLY FRIES - TODAY ONLY!

Nuff said. Go get 'em! CLICK HERE!


I love this marketing campaign. They're creating a new, refreshing cult following for their beloved icon, and it's totally working. Ever since those Super Bowl ads, people can't help but talk about how crazy and ridiculous Jack In The Box is and that's exactly what they wanted! If you've been living under a rock, here's the original commercial that aired during the Super Bowl telecast:


They made Jack vulnerable and just like in a TV drama show, everyone wants to know what's going to happen next! They've even created a blog for updates at HangInThereJack.com and started posting more and more YouTube videos of people involved in the crash or people who were supposedly present when it happened. There's so much potential with this campaign that they could take this so much further.


For example, you know how Jack's second-in-command, Phil (video above), is now the acting-CEO for the company? And how he seems super nervous every time he has to talk about Jack's situation and handling the company on his own without Jack? What if there was a commercial of Phil losing his nerve and coming up with some crazy deal? Something like that would be the opportune moment to present some new special deal, as if Phil is a bad decision maker and is making the company do things it would never do if Jack was around.

Man, I love marketing. If I ever go back to school to finish my degree, I'm almost positive I'll be doing marketing. Just you watch. In the next 10 years, you might see one of my campaigns out there. I'll let you know when that happens :)

Viral marketing is infectious! I love it!

- Vince