Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We Salute You

Today our good friend Mark Honrado will be leaving for basic training in the US Army. It's always so bittersweet to have a friend go and serve our country because you don't want them to leave but you also know that they'll be doing something incredible and meaningful with their lives. One of the books I've read called Tuesdays With Morrie had a quote that sums it up well.
So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.
I completely agree with this statement and I've always tried to live my life with that sort of mentality in mind. I mean, what is the point of us being here anyway? I hardly think that the reason we're here on Earth is to simply go through life without any purpose whatsoever. In my opinion, it just makes no sense to live a life unfulfilled.

We recently had a surprise dinner at Sakura of Tokyo in West Covina, CA so that everyone could see him one last time before he goes and give him our love.



























I know that I speak for all of our friends when I say that we are so proud of you, Mark, and your decision. You are truly giving your life purpose and meaning and completely devoting yourself to the ones you love and to your community around you. You are an amazing person and we will definitely miss you! You better write us! And don't you ever forget that you'll always us have us - your FAMILY! We'll always be here no matter what. We love you!

Godspeed and good luck.

- Vince