Friday, January 9, 2009

Marketing is the New Hype

I just saw this today on a few other blogs and thought it was too genius and hilarious not to talk about it. Burger King is currently running this new marketing campaign where if you delete 10 of your friends on Facebook, Burger King will send a coupon to you for a FREE Whopper. Outta control! Check it out the "Whopper Sacrifice" HERE.


I'm not a huge fan of Burger King or anything, but I just love when companies come up with these creative ways to keep people talking about them. It's the stunts like these that make these companies so memorable and unforgettable. I don't like Burger King that much, but here I am talking about them and I'm pretty sure you will be too. All they wanted was for more and more people to keep talking about their crazy antics and get a taste of their burger. Mission accomplished. And yes, I did participate and earned my free Whopper. Goodbye, random Facebook friends.

We've got a couple clever/controversial marketing campaigns up our sleeves for this year. Just keep watching. You'll see.

- Vince