Sunday, October 26, 2008

Kidult


Don't you wish you could be just be a kid again? Well, it's that time of year again! Halloween has always been one of my favorite parts of the year for obvious reasons. Not only does it happen to be 3 days after my birthday (give me presents!) but we all get to do something that we all never get to do. We get to be someone else! There's no rules and we get to dress up in stupid outfits and get candy for doing it. Beware of the bad candy though!


Sometimes I wish I could really just be a kid again. Those were some fun times. Not a care in the world! I'd come home from school, play video games with my friends, and watch cartoons and Matt would light toys on fire, blow stuff up, and dance along with Michael Jackson music videos. Not a care in the world.


And what happened to going outside to PLAY?! Kids don't go outside and just PLAY anymore. I used to go to my next-door neighbors' house, knock on the door, and ask his parents if he could come outside and PLAY. The streets used to be littered with all the neighborhood kids having a blast and enjoying their youth. We used to make up games everyday! We'd play street hockey, home run derby, and luge down the street racing on our skateboards and when we ran out of games we would even do stuff like catch falling leaves from trees in the autumn. Nowadays kids just stay inside, go on MySpace, and waste away with Warcraft.


We grew up too fast. Sigh. Thank goodness for Halloween. Bringing out the kid in all of us.

- Vince